Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tool #3 - Embedding Videos

I visited TeacherTube, KidsTube, Discovery Education, and YouTube to find videos for this post. I searched for videos about the body, and I wanted to find one that would be good for our Kinder through 2nd graders and one for our 3rd through 5th graders.

As a child one of my favorite Saturday morning shows was School House Rock. So, for my first video I chose to take it old school and use a School House Rock video I found on YouTube. While I think our 3rd through 5th graders would enjoy School House Rock, I would prefer to use it for the Kinder through 2nd graders as an introduction to the body.



I chose to upload a video I downloaded from Discovery Education for my second video. I would use this video with our 3rd through 5th graders to discuss the heart and circulatory system.


Blogger makes it easy to embed videos (knowledge of HTML is not needed), there's a little button you click on while editing your post. You can upload your own video, as I did with the Discovery Education video, or you can search YouTube in the dialogue box that pops up and select it from there. Be sure to watch the YouTube video before you post it on your blog!

As far as Copyright Law...there's a lot to it! Holy cow! I looked at the PDF and got a headache from reading it! I knew that we (educators) had the ability to copy/scan copyrighted images for teaching moments, as long is it is not an entire collection of work. I found the fact that teachers/students "can do whatever they want" as long as the content is being published to a secure network interesting.

I also created a Dropbox account, this could be useful between us (Becky and I) to share documents, but not really useful for the students.

2 comments:

  1. Jessica- I am really enjoying looking at your blog. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Let me know if you need help!

    ReplyDelete