Saturday, November 12, 2011

Tool #8 - Looking at the Tools

In watching the video on how to take still pictures and record videos on the new Dell 2120 netbooks I learned that there are several settings the students can choose from to take still photos. Students can change the brightness, contrast, color, capture mode, and they can also take a mirror image. Under the view controls option students can pan and zoom or use the face tracking option. I also immediately recognized my friend Angela's voiceover on the video. Great job, Angie!

I'm not really sure what all we're getting in the gym. I know we're supposed to get the xBox KINECT and I think iTouches. If we do get iTouches or an iPad, it would be great if FitnessGRAM and Apple could come up with an app for FitnessGRAM testing. Maybe I should contact them and make some money off my idea! LOL

After reading the suggested classroom management ideas, I agree with the ones posted on the 11 Tools blog. There should definitely be accountability when checking the equipment out to the students, and because the technology ratio is not 1 to 1, centers or pairing is the best way to use the technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment